The U.S. Men’s National Team star is attracting interest from a number of European clubs this summer, including Juventus and Milan.
The Juventus schedule is a story about Juventus, Milan keen on USMNT’s Pepi as Dallas starlet garners interest across Europe.
The summer transfer window for Europe’s major leagues has ended! Following a summer of international football, a slew of teams waited until the last minute to finalize their deals. Here you can see all of the key signings and see how we rated them. However, just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue.
Juve and Milan are interested in USMNT wunderkind Ricardo Pepi
According to Calciomercato, Juventus and AC Milan are interested in FC Dallas wunderkind and United States attacker Ricardo Pepi.
In 24 games in Major League Soccer, the 18-year-old has scored 12 goals and added two assists, as well as scoring a goal and contributing two assists in his international debut with the United States. That has piqued the attention of teams all across Europe, with the two Serie A clubs joining the list of those interested in the kid.
Is it possible that Ricardo Pepi may leave FC Dallas for a famous Italian team like as Juventus or AC Milan? ISI Photos/Getty Images/Brad Smith
Juventus is reportedly in discussions with the player’s agency, while Milan is in talks with Dallas about a possible transfer. Rival Italian clubs Bologna and Fiorentina were both interested in signing the Texan last summer but were unable to complete a deal.
Bayern Munich, who have a relationship with Dallas, are also allegedly interested in signing the striker. Pepi was one of a handful of players that trained with the Bundesliga club over the offseason as part of the deal, which also saw Chris Richards and Justin Che join the Bavarian club.
He is the youngest player in MLS history to score a hat trick, and if he continues to rewrite history in Dallas, a transfer to Europe is almost certain.
GOSSIP ON PAPER
• Best movements by Barnwell: 100-51 | 50-1 • The most recent significant transfers • January transfer grades
– Despite just acquiring Memphis Depay this summer, Barcelona may have to start contract negotiations with him next year. The forward’s contract, according to Mundo Deportivo, extends through 2023 and has no option for another year — a condition the club had prepared for. It means that come the conclusion of the season, the Netherlands international will only have a year left on his contract, forcing the Blaugrana to either offer new (hopefully better) conditions or risk losing the 27-year-old on a free transfer after just two seasons in Catalonia.
– According to Calciomercato, Inter Milan is ready to allow former Arsenal and Manchester United star Alexis Sanchez leave the club in January. Marseille, Real Betis, and Sevilla are said to be three potential destinations for the 32-year-old, who has only played 52 minutes for Inter this season.
– According to Sport, Barcelona is interested in signing UD Las Palmas teenager Alberto Moleiro. The 17-year-old has been a regular in LaLiga 2 as an attacking midfielder since the start of the season, with Ronald Koeman’s team looking for young players with a lot of promise in Spain.
– Juventus are set to make a summer bid for Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic, with the January window focused on strengthening the midfield. According to Tuttosport, the Bianconeri are prepared to fight with other European clubs to recruit the 21-year-old next year as an alternative to Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappe, both of whom are expected to leave in far more expensive agreements.
– Inter are interested in signing Atalanta midfielder Ruslan Malinovskyi, but are unlikely to match their Serie A rivals’ asking price. According to Calciomercato, the La Dea would not contemplate allowing the 28-year-old to go for less than €30 million, only two years after buying him for €13 million from Genk. The Nerazzurri are still interested in the Ukraine international, who scored against them on Saturday.